DASTA is a new unit established in TEI Crete under of which, three different offices operate: the career office, the industrial placement office and the innovation office. Its purpose is to offer to the students of TEI Crete a wide range of services regarding their employment and carrer.
My team and I, we were hired to compile the requirements deliverable for this project and to implement the portal and the integrated information system of this new unit.
Our implementation was based on Liferay portal 6.0.6 and Oracle 10. We utilized Visual Paradigm for UML modeling. We used Netbeans IDE for development and Oracle SQL Developer for managing the database.
My responsibilities in this project were:
- Take interviews from stakeholders to define the requirements
- Lead the technical team
- Implement a data transfer plan from legacy systems to the new integrated system
- Design (ER modeling), construct and maintain the Oracle database
- Implement the back-end of the entire system
- Setting up the Liferay installation
- Design on the structure that host the content and services
- Implement the Liferay theme from the template of the graphic designer
- Design and implement the Liferay theme for career office portal